Friday, July 17, 2009

A Day at the Lake

My uncle Layne and his family invited us up for a day of skiing and tubing at Bullard's Bar this week. I don't know how I managed to convince Branden to take a full day off of studying, but I'm really glad he came and spent the day relaxing with us. Nora had her first (and second and third) tube ride behind a boat and loved it - especially the "bumpy" parts. She is so brave and adventurous!


She also had fun hanging out with some second cousins (like Thomas and George and Tommy) and just playing around in the water.


On the ride to the lake, I was helping Nora to get excited about the day by telling her we were going to play in water with other kids. As soon as we got out of the car and saw her cousins, she ran down toward the dock excitedly yelling "Kids! I'm coming!" It's not too hard to get her psyched up!


We thought after no nap and a long, hard day of play in the hot sun, Nora would totally crash on the way home. No such luck! For the two and a half hour drive home she sang, read books, jabbered and generally made sure we all knew she was no where near being ready to fall asleep!

3 comments:

Aimee said...

You guys have had a crazy week. It looks like lots of fun. I am not surprised that Nora liked being pulled behind the boat. It sounds just like her. The more speed and bumps she could get the better, right?! :) How are you feeling after such an action pack week? Hope you are all doing great! :)

Tina Swift said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun! I remember all of our water skiing trips to Berryessa with that old yellow & orange boat. It always broke down at some point during the day, but it was so much fun riding the skibob and everything. Just the other day I was remembering the time when we were driving home at night and your dad hit a deer. We cried in the back seat for that poor little creature. How funny! I hope you're feeling okay. I'm so glad we got to visit for a little while on the 4th!

Jamie said...

Nora is so funny, I love the energy. Amber, I am very impressed with all your recent blogging :-)