Friday, January 29, 2010

My Ladybug

Nora is one funny girl. Anyone who knows her knows there is no end to her energy. Here are some snippets from her life recently.

Today Branden called from work to say hi. I put him on speakerphone and asked Nora if she wanted to say hi to Daddy. "No," she replied. "I'm too nervous." Where does she come up with this stuff?

We went to the local children's museum for storytime today. Nora sat in between two other kids, both perfect strangers. About half way through the first story, Nora reaches out and holds hands with both kids. The girl on her right was pretty obliging, but the boy to her left was a little freaked out. He sat down on the floor and his little brother took his place on the chair. Nora held his hand instead!

Nora's stomach tells her to do things, apparently. I think maybe one time I must have told her that my tummy was telling me I was hungry. At any rate, Nora has told me on different occasions that her tummy is telling her that she is tired or that she needs to play with this or that toy.

She has also learned about pirates recently. A few days ago, I asked her to do something and she piped up, "Aye Aye Cap'n." I think she actually thinks the phrase is: "I am, Captain" but it was cute nonetheless.

3 comments:

Thompson Family said...

such a doll! By the way, I LOVE your family picture at the top of the blog! so cute!!!

Heather and Zac said...

Hey Amber! I haven't been "blog-surfing" in a while. So your's was definitely worth catching up on! Cute, cute kids!!! I love your new family picture too. I wish I got to see you more often!

Jamie said...

Great new family picture! My stomach talks to me too.. it says, "Please don't get pregnant again, I like not being squished."