Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Visit with Tina!

Branden is working some crazy overtime this month in order to pay for some upcoming landscaping (see previous post!), working some six and seven-day stretches. I have used this as an excuse to plan some visits I've been wanting to make. My dear friend Tina has lived in San Clemente - on the beach! - for the past four years and I had not gone to visit her in all that time. Now that we are only :) 4 hours away, I packed up the kids and spent a few days with my very generous host.

First of all, San Clemente is GORGEOUS! It's all on beautiful rolling hills. These pictures that I found don't do it justice. It's just breathtaking. Especially coming from Visalia! :)

The beach was phenomenal too. Warm water, great sand, perfect weather. Wow. We loved it!


And we also had a ton of fun hanging out with Tina and Soren (Hunter was out of town.) Tina and I haven't really hung out for years and it was cool to just be together again and talk until 1am about everything and nothing. Thanks for the fabulous trip Tina - come visit us soon please!




2 comments:

Tina Swift said...

Yay! I'm so glad you guys came down. As you can see from my farmer-tan-picture, I don't make it out to the beach as often as I could or should, so it was really fun to be able to hang out with you and the kids. They were so funny playing all together. Soren and I will have to come up there sometime soon. Thanks for being such a great friend. I read what you wrote to Kristin and was so touched, but smiled and just thought, of course Amber would write something like that. :-) I love ya and I'm glad that we can still be tight even after all these years. (Let's just not let quite as much time go by this time...)

Jamie said...

Wow! How fun! I wanna live by the beach, and not a cold one.