Monday, July 6, 2020

The Barefeet Rescue

Today I brought Vienna and Felicity with me to Walmart. When we got there, Felicity realized that she had forgotten to bring any shoes. I was annoyed and said, “we’ll, we’re not going home. You’ll have to ride in the basket.” She immediately started to cry out of embarrassment and frustration. I got a cart, put her in the back and she started to cry louder. I told she should stop crying because it would bring more attention to her and then more people would notice her barefeet. That did not entice her to calm down. We got in the store and she was still fussing. Vienna tried to tell her it was alright, that she could cover her feet with my purse, etc. Then sweet, empathetic Vienna realized on her own that Felicity was really crying because she had to sit in the basket. Vienna said, “do you want me to sit in the basket with you?” Felicity nodded and immediately stopped crying. Vienna climbed in and was a good sport the whole time, saying that riding in the basket was better because you didn’t have to walk. I know Vienna really doesn’t like to ride on the basket; it really embarrasses her since she is already 8 years old. Yet, in order to help her sister, she gave up her pride and joined Felicity. What am impressive display of love. She is teaching me all the time what it means to Christlike!

No comments: