Thursday, April 15, 2021

First international food and book club


Michelle Jenson and  I started a new book club tonight: an international food and book club! We recruited a total of 12 women to join our cause and the first meeting was great. With Michelle’s time in South Korea, we chose the book Please Look After Mom. Michelle showcased her Korea serving ware, handbook dresses, and her phenomenal cooking skills. We had beef and spicy pork bulgogi, several types of kimchi, sweet potato noodles, and a delicious dessert that was like a flat Korean churro.
I thought the book was well written if very sad and haunting. Doing a ton of background research on South Korea was actually my favorite parts as I learned so much I never knew. 
The ladies gave provided plenty of thoughtful discussion and I look forward to learning about many more countries, cultures, and their food.












No comments: