Sunday, November 8, 2009

Life Lessons From Nora

Tonight after her bath, I combed Nora's hair as usual, but then she wanted to comb my hair. She pulled a bit hard and when I yelled out "ouch!" she said very matter-of-factly to me "Sometimes it hurts." No "sorry mom," just "sometimes it hurts." I guess that's just how it goes!

The other day at the playground. Nora was playing like she was the cook at a restaurant. After a few minutes of taking my order and making me food, she started to fake cry. "What's wrong, Nora?" I asked. "Sniff-Sniff - I cutting onions."

These stories are from Branden:

The other night, Nora had a nightmare and woke up at 3 am. I went in to get her andrealize dthat she was too awake to just wrap her back up and put her to bed. So, as a lazy parent, Iwrapped her up and brought her back to our bed. After a couple of minutes of dozing and listeningto our ceiling fan and the clicking of its chains Nora asked, “Daddy what’s that sound?” I said,“Nora, that’s the fan spinning around.” “Oh,” answered Nora, “It sounds like a Tick-Tock!”Despite it being 3 AM, it was a cute moment.

The other day, we were sitting together as a family and Nora was talking about babies. She pointed to Amber and said, “Baby Ike is in Mom’s tummy and baby Nora is in Nora’s tummy!” pointing to her own tummy. “Not yet,” Amber said. I asked her if she’d like to be a mommy one day. “When you’re older” Amber said. “Yep,” I replied and looking to turn this opportune moment into a lesson I said, “First, you have to get married in the temple before you can be a mommy.” Nora answered, “No, I just need shoes…”

1 comment:

Brooke said...

hahahahaha. . . I love your daughter. LOVE her. I love that all she needs is shoes to have a baby.