Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Morro Bay for Memorial Day

We joined some friends for a weekend on the coast. We camped just a few bushes away from the beach at Morro Strand State Beach. Nora was in heaven running around with other girls and playing in the sand. B and I were sick with a nasty cold for the first day and a half that kept us from enjoying ourselves. But after that we felt much better and were finally glad we came. :)
We decided that camping is a lot more fun as a kid when you have no responsibilities and don't have to try to pack a car full of gear. I guess we've just gotten soft in our old age, but next time I think we'll just rent a condo! :) That said, I LOVE morro bay and its perfect beaches and lovely weather. I would not mind making several day trips there this summer. Anyone want to meet me there? :)
Nora's BayWatch Tryout








Ike's first taste of rocks - he couldn't get enough of 'em!

2 comments:

Tera said...

Looks fun. We'll have to make a trip there sometime this summer.

Heather and Zac said...

Amber- I have SO many great memories of camping with you and your family! But, seriously...our parents made it look easy!!! Last summer, at a campout in the rain (with kids) the only thing that kept me there was the thought, "I'm not leaving because I'm a Christensen!" ;)