Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sewing Success!


I got some really cute fabric for Nora a month ago and have just been looking at it for weeks wondering what to do with it. I am not a skilled seamstress so I knew it would have to be simple. I found this peasant's blouse pattern and direction online and it actually turned out pretty well! It only took me about an hour and a half (would have been less if it weren't for having to undo mistakes!) but now she's got a great little summer shirt to play in. I think with my half-off coupon at Jo-Ann's the whole shirt cost came to about $5. Yay! I have another piece of pink flower fabric and I think I'll use this same pattern but extend it into a dress. Wish me luck! :)

3 comments:

Thompson Family said...

Super cute! I love Nora's curls. They are precious!

stephanie624 said...

So cute! And it is amazing that it cost $5. Usually making your own stuff actually costs more. Way to go.

Vicki said...

Amber! You little Seamstress You! The Home Ec teacher in me says "Congratulations!" Your kids are so adorable and when I want a good laugh, I read your blog because I KNOW Nora will make me laugh---out loud!