Thursday, April 8, 2010

One-liners from the Time Out Corner


Most of Nora's funniest one-liners come from being put in time out. She will shout out manipulative phrases at us from down the hall as she waits out her penalty. Here are a few of my favorites:
  • After hitting Ike on the head with a wooden spoon: (In a pleading voice) Mommy? Remember I'm a good girl?

  • After throwing food at the table: "Heavenly Father want you to not give me a time out! Heavenly father misses me. Heavenly Father loves me!"

  • N:Mom! I'm saying a prayer...I'm saying a prayer! I need you to listen!
    Me:Okay Nora you can come out now.
    N:I'm saying a prayer.
    Me:Okay. (N kneels down.) Say your prayer.
    N:Heavenly Father. Please bless me not to put fingers in baby Ike's mouth and please bless me not to be sad anymore. Amen!

  • While carrying her down to time out: Heavenly Father wants you to be a good mommy!

2 comments:

Kathryn Cooper said...

Classic! Kids say the funniest things sometimes. Tyson always prays "please help me to be nice to Craig." I just wish he'd remember that during the day. He loves to yell when I put him in time-out "No YOU go to time OOOUUUUTTTT!! YOU YOU YOU!!" I definitely have a screamer.

Jamie said...

That Nora, she is one funny girl!